I have a few things I want to talk about today. First, I’d like to start off by saying that August is my absolute FAVORITE month of the whole year. I’ve loved it since I was a little girl.. August is my summer, it’s also my birthday month and since my birthday is at the end, I usually try and find ways to celebrate all month long. Growing up it was always fun because my birthday during the same time for ‘back to school shopping’ so it meant lots of new clothes. I pretty much keep the tradition still even though i’m not in school. I think of August as the last hooray before the gloomy winter/fall months. I usually spend all my time outdoors and come my birthday I’m so ready for fall clothes and organizing my life for a long winter.
I set goals for July and thought it’d be good to reflect on them and set a few new goals for August.
1. Drink More Water: I did well, took party in hydrateinjuly challenge and kept myself to 120oz a day!
2. Run 115 miles: didn’t quite meet that goal, 85 miles total.. probably to account for the weekend i took off last week
3. Eat NO Meat – occasional seafood is okay: i probably had a total of 2 bites of meat and I didn’t enjoy it either time
4. Eat NO Gluten: i struggle, but it’s getting better.
5. Do Yoga at least once a week: failed 😦
6. Eat More Fruits & Veggies: pretty much all i ate
7. Eat Less Sugar & Processed Foods: getting better, but only for the last few days.
8. Have Vegan Mind-Set: it’s there about half the time.
9. Try 3 New Hikes: so disappointed that i haven’t been hiking once 😦
10. Go CAMPING!: even more disappointed that i didn’t make it hiking..i blame my guy for being out of town most of july!
So all in all I did okay, but would have liked to reach my goals a little better. For August, I think i’ll keep some of them, but make them a little more realistic for this month.
2. GORGE CONCERTS (cheating a little, going this weekend)
4. YOGA (signed up for 3 WASUP yoga classes this month so a little cheating again)
5. NO MEAT
6. RUN 2 RACES
I think those are little more realistic for August!
Have you set any goals for August? What’s your favorite Month of the year?
I try not to talk too much about my personal life on here and use this as a place to share things based around fitness and food, but my guy has been out of town on business for 3 weeks! 3 weeks and he is supposed to be home tonight, maybe tomorrow and the anticipation is killing me! He was only supposed to be gone a few days so this wasn’t planned or expected and nothing I’ve ever had to go through before. I’ve been keeping myself busy with my workouts and runs, but this last weekend knowing he should be back any day has made it hard to stay busy. Crossing my fingers he really does come back tonight or tomorrow. Before I go too crazy.. i should find out any minute now.